February 23, 2021
- We will be distributing modeling clay in K-3, fiber art materials in 4th and 5th and watercolors in 6th. Details to come.
- Last week we began our new unit “Composition with Notation.”
- Kindergarten students will be using symbols (shapes, colors, rhythmic notation and body movement cards) to create their own short musical patterns.
- 1st and 2nd Graders will be creating a song by taking a nursery rhyme and assigning “sol” and “mi” pitches to the words.
- 3rd and 4th graders will be composing a new ending to the song “Hot Cross Buns” to play on recorder or sing.
- 5th and 6th graders will be creating a variation to “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” by changing the rhythm of the original theme.
From this week we are starting little by little with our new projects per grade level.
1 calendar routine
3 Cycles in our lives
4 Body of water
6 Ideal eco friendly school
- In PE K-2 students continue to work on Teamwork. We will be working on throwing and catching over the next few weeks along with some fun challenges.
- In Grades 3-6 students are learning about the 5 components of fitness, including a plank challenge for Muscular Endurance, Conflict Resolution, and Staying Safe online, and in the Community. We will work on throwing activities along with some fun challenges over the next few weeks.