School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Terraset Elementary School
Lindsay Trout, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #1
By Spring 2018, 90% of students identified at risk by the universal screener in reading (at or below the 39th percentile) will make more than one year’s progress as measured by DRA2 tools (therefore decreasing the number of students who score below the 40th percentile in the spring window).
- Teachers will implement core reading instruction in a workshop format, as assessed by the FCPS Elementary Literacy Framework guidelines.
- Teachers will participate in professional development focused on best practices in writing.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #2
Develop students’ ability to create and maintain strong relationships.
- Teachers will provide instruction on 24 identified character traits through the Positivity Project.
- Teachers will grow in their Responsive Classroom skills by taking a Fairfax County course and/or participating in a school-based Responsive Classroom book club.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #3
By June 2018 the SOL pass rate for math will increase to 55% for our students with disabilities.
- Teachers will implement core math instruction in a workshop format, and include Number Talks in daily math routines.
- Grade level teams will participate in collaborative learning team meetings dedicated to math instruction weekly.